We have taken the steps within our means to ensure that this website broadly complies with W3C standards and with The Equality Act to ensure that people with disabilities will be able to use the site and have the same access to its content and resources as any other visitors. This is an ongoing area of development which the Synergi Collaborative Centre is committed to indefinitely on all its internet-based platforms.
Terms and Conditions Statement
The following terms and conditions are for the use of the Synergi Collaborative Centre’s Site. By using the Site you are deemed to have accepted these conditions. These Terms and Conditions may be amended in line with regulations, so please check them regularly.
Your use of this website will be governed by English law and by using it you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- The Site has been created with UK users in mind and therefore its content may not be appropriate or lawful outside of the UK. Users from outside of the UK should therefore verify for themselves whether or not it is appropriate for them to access the Site
- The terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising from matters relating to the Site shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- If any of these terms and conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from the terms and conditions and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- This website and its contents are copyright © the Synergi Collaborative Centre c/o Queen Mary University of London, Centre for Psychiatry, Barts and the London School of Medicine and Denistry, Queen Mary University of London, Old Anatomy Building, Charterhouse Square, London EC1M 6QB. All Rights Reserved. No intellectual property or other rights in and to the website or any of the material on this website are transferred to users.
- By accessing this website, you agree to abide by the terms of the following limited licence to use this website. If you do not agree, you have no right to access or use this website and may not do so.
- Except as otherwise indicated in specific documents on this website and subject to provisos 1 below, you are: a.authorised to view documents within this website. b.authorised to make temporary cache and memory copies and print documents within this website for your personal use and limited internal company use only.
Proviso 1: This website, all material on this website and the whole or any part of any document contained on or downloaded from this website may not be modified, distributed, republished, or uploaded for commercial use or commercially exploited in any manner without the prior written consent of the Synergi Collaborative Centre
- Use of the email function to support any third-party mailing campaigns is strictly prohibited.
- The copyright, and other rights, in some of the material appearing on the Site may belong to a third party. It is your responsibility to obtain any licences or permissions that may be required to use such material.
- The names, images and logos identifying the Synergi Collaborative Centre or third parties and their products and services, are the proprietary marks of Synergi, and/or may be the proprietary marks of third parties. Any use made of these marks may be an infringement of rights in those marks and Synergi reserves all rights to enforce such rights that it might have.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws, in no event shall Synergi or its officers, directors, employees, agents, partners, suppliers, and contractors be liable for any loss or damage of any kind or character including (without limitation) any compensatory, incidental, direct, indirect, special, punitive, or (without limitation) consequential damages, loss of use, loss of data, loss caused by a virus, loss of income or profit, loss of goodwill, loss of or corruption of data or contracts, loss of or damage to property, claims of third parties, or other losses of any kind or character, or any indirect or (without limitation) consequential loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising, whether in tort (including by negligence), contract or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the use of this website, its contents (or part thereof) or any website with which this website is linked. You assume total responsibility for establishing such procedures for data back up and virus checking as you consider necessary.
- The Synergi Collaborative Centre makes no representations with respect to this website or its contents or that of any linked websites.
- The information contained on this website is provided “as is” and without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.
- Any condition, warranty or other term which but for this clause c) would be implied into any contract between the Synergi Collaborative Centre and any user of this website, whether by statute, common law or otherwise (including without limitation the implied conditions of satisfactory quality and fitness for a particular purpose), with respect to this website and the whole or any part of its contents or any website with which it is linked, is hereby excluded.
- the Synergi Collaborative Centre also makes no representations as to whether the information accessible via this website or any website with which this website is linked, is accurate, complete, or current. By using this website you acknowledge that by doing so you have not relied upon any representation, warranty or other assurance given or made by or on behalf of Synergi (all of which are excluded).
Tracking and Privacy
- Subject to what is said below, material from the Site may be downloaded, viewed, listened-to, printed, copied on the hard disk of your computer (but not photocopied) and used for: your own personal, non-commercial purposes; internal business purposes; or the non-commercial purpose of using the Site as a personal information resource in good faith only. Single copies of pages from the Site may be printed out for the sole purposes of enabling the person printing the page to retain a copy for their own personal records. Any other type of use (and, in particular, any copying or distribution of material from the Site for any commercial or business purpose) requires the prior written agreement of the Synergi Collaborative Centre.
- You agree that you will not use the Site: for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material which infringes the rights of any person or which is unlawful in any other respect; in any way which is abusive, defamatory or obscene or which will harass, distress or inconvenience any person or which might restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Site by any person; which will compromise the privacy or data protection rights of any person; any form of solicitation or commercial exploitation; for the posting, uploading, emailing or other transmission of any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; to create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes material downloaded from the Site; to transmit or re-circulate any material obtained from the Site to any third party; or in any way that might bring the Synergi Collaborative Centre or any of its related partners or employees into disrepute.
- Website content may not be used to compile other directories/databases/websites without the Synergi Collaborative Centre’s permission.
Removal of Material and Cancellation of Access to the Site
- The Synergi Collaborative Centre shall have the right to refuse you access to the Site at any time and for any reason without giving you any advance notice and the Synergi Collaborative Centre shall not be liable for any losses or damages whatsoever (other than losses or damages for death or physical injury arising out of the negligence (of the Synergi Collaborative Centre or its employees) arising from your inability to access any of the pages on the Site.